Top 10 Colleges in Canada – Part 3 – Focus on Seneca College
Please note that this is part three of the Article Series titled: The 10 Best Colleges in Canada. Please scroll to the bottom of this article for its respected parts.
Best College in Canada #3: Seneca College
Seneca College (formerly the College of Applied Arts and Technology) is a public educational institution located in Toronto,
Canada. It was established in the year 1967 through the launch of Ontario’s college system. As Canada’s biggest government-funded college, Seneca offers a variety of certificate and diploma programs, as well as baccalaureate and post-secondary degrees.
Seneca College has several campuses in Newnham, York, King, Markham, Jane, Buttonville, Newmarket, Scarborough, Vaughan and Yorkgate. Through these campuses, students can enroll in the school’s 145 full-time courses and 135 part-time programs.
Seneca College is considered as one of the best educational institutions in the country because of its prestige, reputation and quality education. For its students, Seneca is the school of choice because of its numerous campuses, comprehensive libraries, athletic offerings and suite-style campus residents.
Information for International Students
Seneca College’s programs and courses are open for international applicants. Currently, it has more than 3,500 foreign students from 111 nations.
In order to be admitted to Seneca’s diploma, degree or graduate programs, international students need to submit the following:
- Duly-accomplished International Application Form
- Transcript of Records/ Grades for High School graduates
- English Proficiency Results
- TOEFL: minimum of 550 for paper-based, 80 for internet-based
- IELTS: minimum of 6.0
- CAEL: overall band score of 50
- CAD 65 application fee
Once admitted, the tuition fee for international students is approximately CAD 13,000 per year. This is exclusive of book costs (CAD 400 to 900), residential costs (CAD 450 to 850) and transportation costs (CAD 100.)
Financial aid and bursaries are offered to applicants, as well as international students who are currently enrolled in Seneca College.
Why study at Seneca College?
If you are still on the process of deciding a college, then these factors can help you lean towards Seneca:
- Seneca employs different teaching methods. Traditional class lectures as well as online classes are made available to its students. It also enables its pupils to earn vital work experience through the college’s cooperative education system.
- You get to choose from any of its full-time programs, as well as part-time programs that can help you juggle your family or work life with your academics.
- You get to choose from any of its 4 main campuses and 10 smaller colleges located in Greater Toronto, giving you the freedom to select the best school for your needs and preferences.
- Seneca offers scholarship and bursaries to deserving students, local or foreign, enrolled or just about to study in the college.
- Seneca College is a relatively safe campus. Its’ York, Newnham, Markham and King colleges have Security Officials on watch 24 hours a day. It also provides a safe and healthy environment by adhering to the policies of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Seneca College ensures homely living for its students with its suite-style residences. As an added bonus, students get to enjoy a free shuttle service from its campus in Newnham to its colleges in York, King and Markham.
- Seneca has over 70 institutional partners in Canada and all over the world. As such, you can study at any of these institutions and work your way towards a university degree.
- Top 10 Colleges in Canada – Part 1
- Top 10 Colleges in Canada – Part 2
- Top 10 Colleges in Canada – Part 3
- Top 10 Colleges in Canada – Part 4
- Top 10 Colleges in Canada – Part 5
- Top 10 Colleges in Canada – Part 6
- Top 10 Colleges in Canada – Part 7
- Top 10 Colleges in Canada – Part 8
- Top 10 Colleges in Canada – Part 9
- Top 10 Colleges in Canada – Part 10